This morning I had the pleasure of going to Harley's playgroup and meeting some of Melissa's English speaking friends. It was a bit hard getting down on the floor to sit on the cushions, however I perservered and did ok. I just know that I have good chiropractors back home in Geraldton who will help me out if I get too distorted.
We spent the morning singing songs, listening to a story and after morning tea the kids just run a muck. Well they weren't that bad really.
We're starting to notice that maybe Harley and probably half the kids at the play group have a reaction to red cordial. Each time he's had something with red in it, whether it be a drink or an ice cream, he suddenly becomes very naughty. It will be interesting to see how he is over the next few days with no red colouring and then maybe just try it again in a few days and just see if it is.
While we were at the play group, Bob went for a walk around the neighbourhood. He didn't think play group was his thing and I don't think it was either, totally not his scene.
Each day when we get home from where ever we've been, Sylvia the maid has our lunch ready. Today we went down to the apartment pool and had lunch under the shelter. The weather has been really nice, not too hot and not too cold although it is melting the snow on the mountains.
Once Harley had been put down to sleep and Arden had settled, Melissa took us to the Los Dominicos markets. Here they had lots of crafty things. I bought a scarf with a Chilean coin on it, a match stick creation, (hope customs will let us through with it, not very big, so surely won't be a problem), some ear rings for Alana and a glass plate for me. Unfortunately when I went to the bathroom (barnos), it broke as I put it down on the cement floor. I was really annoyed and know I shouldn't have bought the long plate. It is a clean break, so we hope to be able to mend it when we get home or it will be a souvenier in the cabinet forever.
We headed back to the apartment by 4pm. Both Harley and Arden were awake. I think Sylvia must have had her hands full by this time.
Bob braved the shops on his own this time and went for a walk to the supermarket to buy his beer. Amazing what you can do when a beer is at stake.!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment